Many people may have engaged to traditional gardening because it enhances your backyard in numerous ways and you can relax while enjoying the sight of your beautiful landscape. However, it needs a lot of work, time and money.
You need to fertilize a wide area of soil in order to make it healthy to support plant life. You need to check each plant regularly for plant diseases or pests, and you need to keep the weeds away.
In order to have a healthy and productive garden, you need to do a lot of work here and there, however with a patio garden; you can have a beautiful garden without having to spend all your day tending to your garden.
You can make use of flowering plants, greenness, small trees and ornamental plants in order to achieve the patio garden you want. You still have to use techniques and tools in gardening to make your patio garden, but this time in a smaller scale.
Plants in containers or garden pots are a common trend for many homeowners because they are convenient and you can easily relocate them. The right placement of the plants and enough water supplied to your plants can make your greenness blossom even in an enclosed area.
Benefits of Patio Garden
Here are several reasons why you should choose patio garden:
- It is inexpensive. Patio garden is a great investment and you can also save money.
- It requires little maintenance. Unlike the traditional garden, patio garden is not exposed to bare ground where parasites and pests lurk. You can protect it from diseases and it needs a little of your time. It can grow healthy without competition. Taking care of this type of garden is not time-consuming.
- It brings you closer to your garden. You don’t have to walk around your vast garden checking on each plant, watering and pulling out the weeds. In just a few steps, you have your patio garden so you don’t have to spend so much time under the heat of the sun.
- No plants will be drowned. If you do not have a proper drainage system, the water accumulates in your garden, drowning your plants after a heavy rain. This is one big dilemma for gardeners, especially during the rainy season. However with patio garden, excess water is not a problem. You can easily have a drainage system by creating holes at the bottom of your pot or container.
- You can grow different kinds of plants. Even in an enclosed area, you have unlimited choice of plants you can have in your patio garden.
One advantage of patio garden is you can easily move your plants to another area. However, you might consider maintaining its position but it all depends on your preference. You can consider ornamental plants for your garden since they are functional and aesthetic at the same time.
If you are confused if you should use perennials or annuals, then you might want to consider the temperature in your area and the condition these flowering plants need. Do you also want to consider having trees and shrubs? Trees and shrubs are good selection for your garden but make sure to choose ones that can survive in pots since these types of greenness prefer the wide areas.
More about Patio Garden
By making dramatic changes to your patio using your plants, you can easily have a space at your home where you can relax and unwind. If you are living in an urban area, you can make use of your balcony or rooftop. Whether you live in an urban or rural area, it is very essential that you make sure that you plants receive their necessities – sunlight, water, soil and fertilizer.
One great thing about patio garden is you can choose from any design. You can ask the help of a pro or your can do it yourself with some tips you can find online.
You must consider the area and the surroundings if you are planning your patio garden design. Also take note of the safety of the uneven edges that may harm your children and visitors.
Patio garden is definitely a great choice especially if you have limited space and time. By having this small garden, you can have a green sanctuary of your own where you can escape when everything just seems too much to handle for you.